Monday, December 06, 2004

Deviations; Diversions; Disruptions

I have been having a series of unbelievably enjoyable weekends. Well guess its time to introduce a new character in my Blog.....
Presenting the one and only, the energetic, instatiable, creative to the extent of being hyper (sometimes) , intelligent, smart (especially with the round specs and the new white shirt), the one with the God given gift of playing all instruments the way mere mortals (like yours truely) play with our work.... The PowerPack from Pithoragarh: Vinay Kumar Bhatt... who apart from being all the above is a very dear friend of mine. Well me and Bhatt Ji ( as we fondly call him) have had some fairly decent times together, and the last few weekends have only added to the list.
Hey, pause a while and ponder over the imponderbales of destiny. I born and brought up in Lucknow land up to study in Uttaranchal. .. meet Bhatt Ji over there, a true blue pahari. What followed was four years in heaven.. then I quit technology and went off to do my MBA in deep Maharashtra. Bhatt Ji goes off to WestBengal to do some even more technical course (HOW :o )

I get a job in Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh... and surprise surprise... Bhatt Ji also lands up at the same place!
Sp having completed a Quadilateral journey across India, both of us meet again in a land so totally alien to both of us.... an suddenly; the mountains did not seem so far away anymore...

Anyway, back to the point... well last week Bhatt Ji came to my house with the burning desire to watch 'Mughle Azam'... a notion that i thouroughly agreed with. So out we went to the Prasad's Multiplex only to find out that the tickets had been completely sold out for all the weekend shows!! Now THAT came as a bit of a shocker, a movie that my parents watched after having stood in mile long queues could still attract crowds Wow. Then came the second surprise... later that night i found myself buying tickets for Rs 100 apiece in black. Talk about history repeating itself. Saw the movie and fell in love with Madhubala and the voice of Lata Mangeshkar all over again. The colours and the music... so fresh, so enduring utterly captivating.....

Well the weekend continued to get better after that. On Sunday, we decided to explore the local Amateur Ham Radio centre. And what followed was an intiguing exposure to something they call the Morse Code.
Dit Dit & Dah Dah.... and people actually make sense out of it all. Wonderfully interesting but at the same time, needs a bit too much commitment for a person as lazy as me. Bhatt ji on the other hand seemed quite inclined to follow up and I have strong suspicions of encountering him mouth "dit dah" and similar ditties on one of these wintery nights.

Ok Ok so this is probably turning into one of the longest entries into my blog... but just a little more left.

This weekend... I bought a guitar. An Spanish one, Givson make, brown and shiny in color. Just to revive my age old dream of playing at least one instrument decently well. And finally, yesterday night... trust me guys... it was a dream....

A place called Taramati ki Baradari. The stage of a courtesan of kings goneby.... beautiful and well maintained. Me and Vinay had gone to attend a concert... Tijan Bai with her folk lores of 'Pandwani'... a Hindustani Classical sinder from Varanasi and finally, Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma. Music , the way you seldom experience. An evening I so wish I could relive....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home